What does Elmhurst Bicycle Club have to offer?
The Big Picture
Founded in 1977, the Elmhurst Bicycle Club (EBC) continues to live up to the motto, "Riding at the Speed of Fun." Club members, who range from novice to the very experienced, come from all walks of life and live throughout the western suburbs of Chicago and beyond.
The EBC is one of the larger, more active bicycle clubs in the area, with over 500 members and a variety of activities throughout the year accommodating all skill levels.
Rides range from 8 to 10 mph to over 20 mph. Ride distances range from 10 to 200 miles. Sometimes we ride just to ride, and sometimes we have a specific purpose, ...like exploring a new park, restaurant or a community festival.
You will find riders at your experience level and with similar interests.
We stick together on all club rides, staying with anyone having mechanical or other problems.
Some of the more social events are: biking trips, the Thanksgiving hike and dinner, the Michigan U.P. cross-country skiing trip, the Christmas Lights ride, and the Holiday Party. We have year-round activities (such as winter hiking and skiing) and get-togethers in addition to bicycling.
You are welcome to come to a meeting or a ride as a guest to see what we are all about!
The EBC is affiliated with the
Program meetings are held at the:
Community Bank of Elmhurst, 330 West Butterfield Road, Elmhurst, IL.
You are welcome to come to a meeting or a ride as a guest to see what we are all about.
By joining with others, you will have riding companions for a wide range of experiences and more opportunities to enjoy the health benefits of bicycling.
After three guest rides, the rider is expected to become a member in order to continue riding with the club.
Something for adults of all ages and activity levels
Road & Trail Bike Riding:
- Ride speeds from 8 - 10 mph up to 20-25+ mph
- Single-day distances from 10 to over 200 miles
- Local and out-of-state ride locations, including invitationals
- Rides on roads or trails
- Advocacy news and opportunities
- Informative and entertaining meetings and programs
- Tips from experienced members on:
- Your riding performance
- The various ride locations
- Riding invitationals
- Minimal obligation
- very small yearly dues
- no meeting requirements
- Free tools
- Ride with GPS Premium Membership
- Membership to Google Groups EBC email group
- Membership to Facebook Private EBC Club page
- Membership to Strava Club page
- Free training
- Ride with certified professional coaches in the disciplines of mountain biking, triathlon competition, and other skillsets