EBC Login & Membership Renewal Help
Last updated: 1:04 PM 12/28/2017
This page has been created specifically by the Elmhurst Bicycle Club to help folks with their original login, membership renewal and other related issues.
Year 2017 Caveat
Hundreds of EBC members were imported into the new Club Express (CE) web site in the Fall of 2017.
This left a couple of unusual circumstances:
- Almost all EBC members were now members of the CE version of the EBC (EBC CE), but never did any previous transactions with CE. That is, they paid their EBC memberships for 2017, but not to CE. Therefore they had no experience logging in or renewing membership with EBC CE, even though they were made into members. They were members who never did the membership process with CE.
- Because of the previous point, many members have been hard-pressed to understand the new login states, login navigation, membership renewal, payment, and password usage, etc. Adding to this is a non-intuitive payment page that the EBC has no power to edit or alter.
States of Login
There used to be 2 states of logging in on the old EBC website:
- the public (i.e. random user of the world)
- EBC administrators (Web admin, Ride Captain, Asst. Ride Captain, some of the EBC Board, Miles Coordinator)
The new EBC CE site has 3 states of logging in:
- the public (i.e. random user of the world)
- Members (folks that are paying members of the EBC, and thus, automatically have logins)
- EBC administrators (Web admin, Ride Captain, Asst. Ride Captain, some of the EBC Board, Miles Coordinator. In the case of CE, there are many separate levels of admin control over the various sections of the EBC CE website.)
The important thing to know here is that if you login to the EBC CE site (which means you are at least a Member, and perhaps an administrator too) then the site will appear differently to you than it does to the public, and it will change its behavior as well
- If you are not a member and try logging in, you will be taken to a new membership sign-up page.
- If you are a member and are not logged in (same as public), you will also be taken to a login / membership sign-up page.
- If you are a member and are not logged in (same as public), you will be taken to a login / membership sign-up page. Login to the EBC CE (this) website using your given login name and password. (If you have never logged in, or lost your password; then email the EBC webmaster <Email EBC Webmaster> and ask for a new password.)
- If you are a member and are logged in (check if you are logged in already!) , then you cannot login again, but you can renew your membership if it is the renewal period (October 1st to December 31st). Look to see your name in the upper right corner of your EBC CE screen if you think that you might be logged in. Once logged in, your name should appear there.
NOTE: The whole topic of "Renewing" only applies to "Primary" members. "Primary" members are either folks that have an "Individual" membership (which means they paid for themselves), or those that have a "Family" membership in which they are the Family Member that ***pays*** the account. If you desire to swap the Primary and Secondary members on the account then ask the EBC to have it done. For this, you can: <Email EBC Webmaster>
If it is the renewal period (October 1st to December 31st), then members should do the following steps if they have not done so already:
- Login to the EBC CE (this) website using your given login name and password. (If you have never logged in, or lost your password; then email the EBC webmaster <Email EBC Webmaster> and ask for a new password.)
- Once logged in, look to the upper right on your screen. Your name should appear there.
- Just to the right of your name is a little 'v' (down arrow).
- Click that down arrow and you should see some links, including "Profile". Below the "Profile" link, there should be a "Renew" link, which means EBC CE is awaiting your payment. Click on "Renew".
- Fill out your info on the next page that opens up, then...
- Proceed to the Payment Page.
- After filling in basic membership choices, or leaving the defaults, you need to pay by pressing the PayPal button that pops up without notice (unfortunately, it is not intuitive).
- You do NOT have to be a member of PayPal in order to use their payment apparatus. You can pay using your credit card from within PayPal.
- Download & view this PDF document, illustrating paying with your credit card via PayPal: Paying with Credit Card using PayPal
- After finishing payment, you will be brought back to the EBC CE website, and can continue on in the site as a paid-up, logged-in Member of the EBC.
Updating this Help Page
If you have any suggestions or updates to this page, please use this email link: <Email EBC Webmaster